Student Credit Card Scheme
Aim and Scope:
Government of West Bengal has introduced the Student Credit Card
Scheme for the students of West Bengal to enable them to pursue
education without having any financial constraints. This scheme
is designed to support the students to pursue secondary, higher
secondary, madrasah, undergraduate and post graduate studies
including professional degree and other equivalent courses in
any School, Madrasah, College, University and other affiliated
institutes within and outside India. Students studying in
various coaching institutions for appearing in different
competitive examinations like Engineering, Medical, Law, IAS,
IPS, WBCS etc, can also avail the loan under this scheme.
Benefits of the Scheme:
- Educational loan up to Rs. Ten (10) Lakh at a nominal
- Students who are residents of West Bengal and enrolled
in Class X/Higher
and Post-Doctoral as well as Diploma courses in any
recognised National or International School/Madrasah/College/University/Higher
Educational Institution, respectively, shall be eligible for
- The loan can also be availed by students studying at
various Competitive Coaching Centres, preparing for IAS, IPS,
WBCS and other competitive examinations.
- This loan covers course fee, hostel fee and other
- The maximum age limit for application is forty (40)
List of documents required for application:
- Colour photograph of the applicant.
- Colour photograph of co-applicant/co-borrower
- Applicant's mobile number and email ID.
- Signature of the applicant.
- Signature of co-borrower/co-applicant (parents/legal
- Photo copy of applicant's Aadhaar Card/Photo copy of
Class X Registration Certificate.
- Photo copy of guardian's address proof and mobile
- Photo copy of relevant page of Institution
brochure/document detailing present course fee.
- Photo copy of Admission Receipt.
- Photo copy of applicant's PAN Card or undertaking in
prescribed format, if no PAN Card.
- Photo copy of guardian's/co-borrower's PAN Card or
undertaking in prescribed format, if no PAN Card
- Bank details of applicant and co-borrower: Photo copy of
first page of bank passbook containing bank name and branch,
account number, IFSC code, etc.
How to apply:
For registration and application visit
Activities: Conducted frequently Student Credit Card
awareness comp in our college to convey scope and opportunities
of this scheme.
Occasionally visit nearby Government-organised camps like “Duare
Sarkar” for up-to-date information and/or for resignation.
Nodal Officer: Dr. Anangamohan Panja, Associate Professor
in Chemistry of this Institute, e-mail:
Mob. No. 7003096159
Help Desk Officer: Dr Gokul Saha, Assistant Professor in
Mathematics of this Institute. E-mail:
email@example.com , Mob. No. 7001552052