Admission of a student in this College implies adherence to the
prescribed code of conduct and observance of the rules laid down by the
College. Full co-operation in this regard is sought from the guardians.
Any student who fails to abide by these rules will not be accommodated.
- The students shall maintain discipline inside and outside the
- The students must be punctual and regular in attending classes.
- Students must come to the College decently attired. Under no
circumstances shall their dress and demeanour be unbecoming of a
student attending an educational institution.
- Students must not use mobile phones inside the college
buildings. A fine of
`500/- will be imposed on students who
violate this rule.
- Student must consult the College Notice Board everyday, failing
which the College will not be responsible for any inconvenience faced
- Students must bring the Identity Card (issued by the College)
everyday. They must produce the Identity Card whenever required for
any official work.
- No student is allowed to attend coaching classes, join other
courses of study or engage herself in any other activity, whatsoever,
during college hours.
- Attendance at college examinations and tutorials is compulsory
for the students.
- Students must maintain decent and cordial relationship with the
faculty and staff and amongst themselves.
- Students must participate in all extra-curricular activities
organized by the institution.
- RAGGING IN ANY FORM IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Disciplinary
action will be taken against those who violate the said rule.
Code of Conduct
• Students shall strictly abide by the Rules and Regulations of the
• Students shall not, by their act or conduct, demonstrate any
disrespect to the Principal, teaching or non- teaching staff of the
• Students shall not, by their act or conduct, cause damage to the
reputation of the institution.
• Students shall not damage property or cause financial loss to the
college. In the event the college suffers any damage or loss, financial
or otherwise, the concerned student will be liable for compensation of
• Proposals for students’ welfare and appeals for solution of problems
connected with academic and co- curricular activities in the College
shall be submitted in writing either to the Principal or to the Convenor,
Student Welfare Subcommittee. The decision of the Principal in such
matters will be final.
• Students shall not in any manner try to influence or interfere with
any decision taken by the academic bodies and the authority of the
• A student may submit a written representation to the College authority
for redressal of grievance, if any. The decision of the College
authority, in such matters, shall be final.
• A student shall not commit or cause breach of peace inside and around
the College campus.
Minimum percentage of attendance required by a student in the
degree course is 75% of the lectures delivered in each subject including
tutorials and practical classes in accordance with the Regulations of
the University of Calcutta.
A student attending less than 75% but more than 60% of the lectures
delivered in any subject will be allowed to fill in the forms for
appearing in the B.A./B.Sc. final examinations only on payment of fees
prescribed by the University of Calcutta for condonation of short
A student who attends less than 60% of the lectures delivered in any
subject will not, under any circumstance, be allowed to fill in forms
for the B.A. /B.Sc. Final Examinations.