The Honours Degree Course in Physics began from the academic session (2012-13). The Physics Department shall have two full-time faculty members and also a guest faculty.
- Tutorials at regular intervals.
- Assignments on different topics during vacations.
- Well stocked College Central Library.
- A separate Departmental Seminar Library to facilitate reference work.
- Special lectures on different topics related to the curriculum at regular intervals.
- Presentation of papers by students on topics related to the course.
- Participation of students in various college activities such as publication of Departmental Magazine, Wall Magazine and cultural activities.
- Regular parent-teacher meeting
ProspectsPhysics is a core subject for all science and technology combinations. Hence a B.Sc. Honours Degree in physics is a prerequisite for studying Post-graduate Courses in Physics in various Universities in India and abroad. A student with a Physics Honours Degree may pursue further studies in a wide variety of fields such as Computer Application, Engineering and Technology etc. A student with a Post-graduate Degree in Physics can pursue M.Tech Degree Course in the Indian Institutes of Technology which will enhance the student's job prospects in industry as well as in the academic field.
Elective Subject Combinationsfor Physics (B.Sc.) as Honours subject
- Mathematics and Chemistry
Sri. Biswajit Chowdhury
Sm. Gopa Dutta Pal (Contractual)
Sm. Papiya Saha (Contratual)
Dr. Saurabh Niyogi
And Guest Faculty
Sri. Tapan Nag
Sri. Samar Naskar